Kumail Nanjiani is a Pakistani-American stand-up comedian, actor, writer, and podcast host who is best known for his HBO comedy television series ‘Silicon Valley’ and the semi-autobiographical romantic comedy film ‘The Big Sick’.
Kumail recently got ripped for a role in an upcoming Marvel film, and his physique is shocking everybody online.
He also lent his voice to the Emmy Award-winning animated series ‘Adventure Time’ and co-hosted the Comedy Central show ‘The Meltdown with Jonah and Kumail’. He gained much popularity thanks to his weekly podcast ‘The X-Files Files’.
Nanjiani’s body physique, however, is no joke. He works out more than 5 days a week and his workout routine is intense. Each gym session lasts a little over an hour and he normally likes to follow a typical bodybuilding split, focusing on one or two body parts at a time.
Within this article, we’ll discuss Kumail Nanjiani’s workout routine, diet, and supplements:
Height: 174 cm – 5’8″
Weight: 76 kg – 159 lbs
Age: 42 years old
Birthday: 21st of February, 1978
Accolades: CinemaCon, Winner, 2017
Within Kumail Najiani’s routines, he likes to mix up cardio. Najiani has starred in multiple movies and for some roles, he needs to be in great shape.
However, he likes to be on a low-carb diet, eating for five straight days (Mondays to Fridays) then binge eats on Saturdays and Sundays.
Kumail Nanjiani’s Workout Routine
Nanjiani trains 5-6 days per week, doing a typical weight training program, with the only source making mention to “4-5 days a week” also mentioning “two-a-days”.
Here is Kumail Nanjiani’s workout routine:
Monday: Back and Traps
Within this routine, he hits 6 different exercises.
Here’s Kumail Nanjiani’s back and traps routine:
1. Hex Bar Deadlift (4 sets, 6-20 reps)
2. Hex Bar Farmers Walk (4 sets, 50 meters)
3. Barbell Shrugs (4 sets, 6-20 reps)
4. Straight Arm Cable Pulldowns (4 sets, 6-20 reps)
5. Dumbbell Shrugs (3 sets, 12 reps)
6. T-Bar Rows (3 sets, 12 reps)
Tuesday: Chest and Abs
On Tuesday, Nanjiani targets chest and abs by doing 8 different exercises.
Here’s Kumail Nanjiani’s chest and abs routine:
1. Bench Press (4 sets, 6-20 reps)
2. Incline Dumbbell Press (4 sets, 6-20 reps)
3. Cable Chest Flyes (4 sets, 6-20 reps)
4. Dips (4 sets, 6-20 reps)
6. Hanging Knee Raises w/ Twist (3 sets, 26 reps)
7. Sit-Ups w/ Twist (3 sets, 26 reps)
8. Side Planks (3×30 seconds each side)
Wednesday: Legs and Calves
On Wednesday, Nanjiani performs legs and calves routine focusing major on 6 exercises.
Here’s Kumail Nanjiani’s legs and calves routine:
1. Back Squat (4 sets, 6-20 reps)
2. Walking Weighted Lunges (4×50 meters)
3. Hamstring Curls (4 sets, 6-20 reps)
4. Seated Calf Raises (4 sets, 6-20 reps)
5. Leg Press (3 sets, 12 reps)
6. Calf Raise on Leg Press Machine (3 sets, 12 reps)
Thursday: Shoulders and Abs
On Thursday, Kumail Nanjiani hits a shoulder and abs routine. Each exercise is performed for a total of 4-6 sets and 20-25 reps.
Here’s Kumail Nanjiani’s shoulders and abs routine:
1. Seated Dumbbell Press (4 sets, 6-20 reps)
2. W Press (4 sets, 6-20 reps)
3. Lawnmower Row (4 sets, 6-20 reps)
4. Behind-the-back Cable Lateral Raise (4 sets, 6-20 reps)
5. Hanging Leg Raises (3 sets, 25 reps)
6. Sit-Ups (3 sets, 25 reps)
7. Planks (3×60 seconds)
On Friday, he hits a cardio routine by doing 4 different exercises with a total of 6 sets and 20 reps.
Here’s Kumail Najiani’s cardio routine:
1. Seated Dumbbell Press (3 sets, 6-20 reps)
2. W Press (3 sets, 6-20 reps)
3. Skull Crushers (5 sets, 6-20 reps)
4. Seated Calf Raises (4 sets, 6-20 reps)
Saturday: Biceps and Triceps
On Saturday, Najiani performs 6 different exercises.
Here’s Kumail Najiani’s biceps and triceps routine:
1. Preacher Curls (4 sets, 6-20 reps)
2. Reverse Grip Cable Pushdowns (4 sets, 6-20 reps)
3. Standing Alternating Dumbbell Curls (4 sets, 6-20 reps)
4. Skull Crushers (4 sets, 6-20 reps)
5. Concentration Curls (3 sets, 12 reps)
6. Chin-Ups (3 sets, 12 reps)
On Sunday, Kumail Najiani has a rest day.
Kumail Najiani’s Diet
Diet is very important for those trying to lose weight or sculpt their bodies. For Najiani, he’ll go on low-carb eating for five straight days (Mondays to Fridays) then binge eat on Saturdays and Sundays as they are his cheat days. He stated:
“Basically, it’s five days of low-carb, then over the weekend you eat as much as you want,” the actor said. “But I’m trying to figure out the food thing right now because I wasn’t eating enough.”
Here is Kumail Najiani’s diet:
Eggs and Avacado
Chicken Breats, Brown Rice
Salad/fish with rice
Kumail Najiani uses the following supplements to help fuel his gains:
- Whey Protein
The man the myth the legend, Najiani is one of the most highly respected actors, who has an amazing ripped body. Hopefully, this article gives you a little more knowledge about Kumail Najiani’s workout and diet plan.