What’s Will Smith’s workout routine?
Will Smith is an extremely popular American actor, who began his career as a rap artist, teaming up with turntables DJ Jazzy Jeff and beatboxer Ready Rock C. Appearing in movies like ‘Independence Day’, ‘I, Robot’, ‘Enemy of the State’, and ‘Ali’, he proved his mettle to the entire world.
He is one of the hardest working men in Hollywood. Smith would do whatever it took to land a movie role and perfect his craft. He takes his workout routine just as seriously and applies his same outlook on life to his workout routine.
Within this article, we’ll discuss Will Smith’s workout routine, diet, and supplements:
Height: 186.7 cm – 6’1.5″
Weight: 82 kg – 181 pounds
Age: 51 years old
Birthday: 25th of September, 1968
Accolades: Honorary César, Winner, 2005
Will Smith performs weightlifting training 5 days per week and trains two body parts per workout.
His trainer likes to use a pyramid training routine, in which he starts light and goes heavy and then goes back to lighter weights for each exercise.
Will Smith’s Workout Routine
The hardest working man in Hollywood may also be the hardest working man in the gym. Smith did a lot of cardio workouts to keep off the weight and also focused on pyramid training to really build some added strength.
Will Smith’s workout for ‘Ali‘ was designed to beef up the skinny actor. For that role, Smith went from 185 pounds to a rock hard 220 pounds. To get ready for the film, he started training 12 months even before filming began.
Here is Will Smith’s workout routine:
On Monday, Smith performs his chest routine, which majorly consists of barbell and dumbbell press variations.
Here’s Will Smith’s Monday routine:
1. Push-Ups (3 sets, 20 reps)
2. Barbell Bench Press (5 sets, 5 reps)
3. Incline Barbell Bench Press (5 sets, 5 reps)
4. Incline Dumbbell Bench Press (5 sets, 5 reps)
5. Upright Cable Flys (3 sets, 10 reps)
6. Lying Dumbbell Punch (2 sets to Failure)
On Tuesday, Smith performs a shoulder routine, focusing on dumbbell and barbell press movements, finishing with dumbbell raises.
Here’s Will Smith’s Tuesday routine:
1. Dumbbell Shoulder Press (2 sets, 20 reps)
2. Barbell Shoulder Press (4 sets, 6 reps)
3. Dumbbell Shoulder Press (4 sets, 6 reps)
4. Behind-the-Neck Barbell Press(4 sets, 8 reps)
5. Dumbbell Lateral Raises (4 sets, 8 reps)
6. Dumbbell Front Raises (3 sets, 10-12 reps)
7. Dumbbell Air Punch (4 sets to Failure)
On Wednesday, Smith performs his back routine, which focuses on chin-ups and bent over row variations.
Here’s Will Smith’s Wednesday routine:
1. Chin-Ups (3 sets, 50 reps)
2. Dumbbell Bent Over Row (4 sets, 6 reps)
3. Barbell Bent Over Row (2 sets, 6 reps)
4. Barbell Bent Over Row (2 sets, 6 reps)
5. Pulldowns (4 sets, 6-8 reps)
6. Chin-Ups (3 sets, 10 reps)
On Thursday, Smith performs an arms routine, using exercises that mostly involve barbells or dumbbells.
Here’s Will Smith’s Thursday routine:
1. Cable Pushdowns (Heavy): (4 sets, 8 reps)
2. Barbell Arm Curls (4 sets, 8 reps)
3. Barbell Triceps Extensions (4 sets, 8 reps)
4. Incline Bench Skull-Crushers (4 sets, 8 reps)
5. Dumbbell Arm Curls (Incline): Alternating (4 sets, 8 reps)
6. Dumbbell Triceps Kickbacks (4 sets, 8 reps)
7. Dumbbell Hammer Curls (4 sets, 8 reps)
On Friday, it’s time for Will’s leg routine, which includes a full range of compound movements.
Here’s Will Smith’s Friday routine:
1. Hip Abductions (3 sets, 20 reps)
2. Front Squats (5 sets, 5 reps)
3. Full Squats (5 sets, 5 reps)
4. Dumbbell Lunges (3 sets, 8 reps)
5. Leg Press: Single Leg (4 sets, 8 reps)
6. Box Jump (4 sets, 30 seconds)
Saturday and Sunday: Rest
On Saturday and Sunday, Will Smith rests and recovers.
Will Smith’s Diet
When it came to diet Smith was usually taking in about 3,500 calories, and as long as he hit that goal, he didn’t care how many meals he took to get it.
During sessions, he would occasionally take a spoonful or two of protein powder from Optimum Nutrition. Smith’s go-to dinner was a grilled chicken breast, with sweet potato and broccoli.
Here is Will Smith’s diet:
Optimum Nutrition Protein Shake
Chicken Breast with broccoli
Beef and sweet potato
Will Smith uses the following supplements to help fuel his gains:
- Whey Protein
Will Smith is an amazing American actor, who is a ‘Grammy Award’ recipient. Smith has worked hard to get his ripped body and he is truly a fitness influencer.